Montessori says...

Montessori says...
“Imagination does not become great until human beings, given the courage and the strength, use it to create.” ― Maria Montessori

Friday, August 26, 2016

The reason for art:
Art is created to express, inspire, invoke, involve, reveal, give and to love. Tonight I saw Fahamu Pecou at the Halsey Institute at C of C.
I took my students lastyear to see some of his work and we discussed it before hand. 
http://www.fahamupecouart.com
There is a reason for art.  Some politicians or financial advisors on school boards may not see the importance... But we all benefit from the creative souls that walk among us. We all listen, we all look, we all taste, we all feel .. Performing art , books,  fine arts, culinary arts , parks with beautiful landscapes .. All are art forms .
Tonight I left and walked down King Street, enjoying the people, the smells , the sights .. I met a man .
His name was Peter.  Peter Duncan . He asked me for money .
I said, "I don't carry cash". He said, "Will you bring me a sandwich?" "I said what kind ?"
Then we talked . I'm chatty. So is he . He is homeless . Clearly he had a drink earlier .
We talked about why . We talked about what he can do to set goals and realistically achieve them .
We went to Subway.
We talked some more.  He is beautiful .
He needs help .

He said, I made his day . 
It cost me 30 minutes. And $6.00.
We feel, we see, we hear, we taste, we love. We are human. 
If you haven't gone to an art gallery lately or heard some live music .. Go .. Take your kids .. Look for people that just want to be heard and loved . 
Open your heart because that is what art is for . To teach.

http://www.fahamupecouart.com/#!galleries/c1t44
.

No comments:

Post a Comment